Apprenticeship Training Programs
Finishing Trades Institute of Southern New England Inc. is Now Accepting applications for apprentice Painter Decorator, Taper, Painter Industrial, and Glaziers
Anyone interested is welcome to apply .
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO ACCESS THE FTI-SNE ONLINE APPLICATION
PLEASE APPLY IN PERSON AT EITHER OF OUR TRAINING CENTERS SHOWN BELOW
Training Center in Middletown, Connecticut
Painters & Allied Trades District Council 11 Thursdays 9:00am until 3:00pm
79 Bradley St. Phone (860) 829-1225
Middletown, CT 06037 Fax (860) 828-1577
Training Center in Rhode Island
1808 Elmwood Ave. Phone :401-781-4873
Warwick, RI 02888 Fax: 401-781-6016
, BEFORE BEING ACCEPTED AS APPRENTICES, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the application form furnished by the Finishing Trades Institute of Southern New England, online or in person.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- MUST PRODUCE A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD.
- MUST PRODUCE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE.
- MUST PRODUCE A high school diploma or GED or Job Corps Completion Certificate.
- MUST BE an American Citizen or be lawfully permitted to work in the United States of America.
- MUST BE physically able to perform the work required of the trade.
- MUST COMPLETE a favorable interview with an assigned Interviewer.
- MUST ATTEND, and successfully complete, Apprentice Orientation.
Each applicant who meets all minimum requirements will be evaluated for acceptance.
The Finishing Trades Institute of Southern New England is an Equal Opportunity Training Program. We encourage woman and minorities to apply.
ACCEPTED APPLICATION PROCESS:
Painters and Taping Apprentices who are accepted into the three year programs will be required to complete 6000 hours of on the job training together with 432 hours of related Classroom Instruction.
Glazing Apprentices who are accepted into the four year Glazing Program will be required to complete 8000 hours on the job training with 576 hours of related Classroom instruction. The classes are from September through May.
Once aapprentice beings work they will be required to join the union and pay the apprentice initiation fee soon after their first day of work. They then are initiated into their local union. Apprentices receive a 1000 hour probationary period.
Apprentices receive an increase in their pay every 1000 hours of work performed. The apprentice is responsible for turning in their pay stubs each 950 hours in order to receive that increase.